• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2014 MLB Thread: No Noodles

doh

THANK YOU Dermott McHeshi
I have no idea what you are arguing? so you are arguing the cubs rebuild cant be compared to the astros because the owners have power? where is this coming from?

Hey philly fans.. your GM is shit because the owner has all the power?!?
Good lord: You can't compare the Astros and Cubs rebuilds because the GMs are playing with different rules. Cubs are willing to spend more money than the Astros is part one which is you know the owner. Owners make budgets not GMs. If you think the GM makes all the personnel decisions without the owner chiming in too you clearly have zero clue how teams are run. Brian Sabean gets a lot of shit for the Zito deal when it was 100% the owners wanting to sign him.

Part two is the Cubs had a lot of MLB ready talent they could flip for prospects. Astros had zero.

They're two completely different rebuilding situations.

Gooksta

Good lord: You can't compare the Astros and Cubs rebuilds because the GMs are playing with different rules. Cubs are willing to spend more money than the Astros is part one which is you know the owner. Owners make budgets not GMs. If you think the GM makes all the personnel decisions without the owner chiming in too you clearly have zero clue how teams are run. Brian Sabean gets a lot of shit for the Zito deal when it was 100% the owners wanting to sign him.

Part two is the Cubs had a lot of MLB ready talent they could flip for prospects. Astros had zero.

Glad you know what their owners are willing to spend or not.. thanks for that. I cant beat that nugget of fact. thanks

I am just glad that the Cubs owner let Theo sign those 2 monster deals of Jason Hammell and Scott Feldman.. whew

I mean, scott feldman is so far out of the astros price range!!

Gooksta

and that is also covered in the article too

Ed Wade has already done much of the heavy lifting for the Astros by dealing Hunter Pence, Roy Oswalt, Michael Bourn, Brad Lidge, and Carlos Lee for prospects and salary relief, so Luhnow did not have much work to do on that front.

Nevertheless, Luhnow already had a very good system with names like Springer, Singleton, Jose Altuve, Jason Castro, Cosart and even though he was not highly regarded at the time, Dallas Keuchel. Confirming the good situation Luhnow inherited, only two position players on the active 25-man roster were acquired by the Luhnow regime (Dexter Fowler will be the third when he returns from the DL).

Furthermore, eight of the players on the current Astros’ top-20 prospects list were acquired by the Wade regime, including six of the top nine. Luhnow has acquired impact talent through the draft, but that is to be expected when a team has three consecutive number one overall picks and little semblance of legitimate talent on the Major League roster.

but the astros didnt have any MLB talent to trade..

goblue96

Disney and Curling Expert

Ed Wade has already done much of the heavy lifting for the Astros by dealing Hunter Pence, Roy Oswalt, Michael Bourn, Brad Lidge, and Carlos Lee for prospects and salary relief, so Luhnow did not have much work to do on that front.

Nevertheless, Luhnow already had a very good system with names like Springer, Singleton, Jose Altuve, Jason Castro, Cosart and even though he was not highly regarded at the time, Dallas Keuchel. Confirming the good situation Luhnow inherited, only two position players on the active 25-man roster were acquired by the Luhnow regime (Dexter Fowler will be the third when he returns from the DL).

Furthermore, eight of the players on the current Astros’ top-20 prospects list were acquired by the Wade regime, including six of the top nine. Luhnow has acquired impact talent through the draft, but that is to be expected when a team has three consecutive number one overall picks and little semblance of legitimate talent on the Major League roster.

Phillies GM Rankings since 2000:

1) Pat Gillick
2) Ed Wade
3) Anayltics Plant
4) Trained Seal
5-5,000,000) Every resident of Philly
5,000,001) Ruben Amaro Jr.

Gooksta

Phillies GM Rankings since 2000:

1) Pat Gillick
2) Ed Wade
3) Anayltics Plant
4) Trained Seal
5-5,000,000) Every resident of Philly
5,000,001) Ruben Amaro Jr.
you cant judge those GM's against each other - the owners have power over them - you dont know how baseball works

doh

They traded Lidge in 2007 :laughing::laughing::laughing:

goblue96

ok.. lidge falsifies the whole point guys.. Lidge was the only mlb talent that the astros ever traded.

Hell ya he was.

Lidge-2008.jpg

LidgeSlider.gif.opt_.gif

doh

ok.. lidge falsifies the whole point guys.. Lidge was the only mlb talent that the astros ever traded.
It's the point of how you can compare Luhlow's job to Epstein's when Luhlow's hasn't had any legit MLB talent to trade? Is it his fault Wade made a lot of crappy trades?

The Cubs and Astros have rebuilt under different rules. I've made that point about four times now and you keep ignoring it like a fifth grader. Give me some of what you're drinking/smoking

goblue96

Before there was Ruben Amaro Jr., teams called Ed Wade if they wanted to fleece a GM. May need to move the Analytics Plant ahead of Wade in my rankings.

Gooksta

It's the point of how you can compare Luhlow's job to Epstein's when Luhlow's hasn't had any legit MLB talent to trade? Is it his fault Wade made a lot of crappy trades?

The Cubs and Astros have rebuilt under different rules. I've made that point about four times now and you keep ignoring it like a fifth grader. Give me some of what you're drinking/smoking
how did wade Make Crappy trades?? he Got Springer and Singleton and others out of those deals.. are you gonna read the article and try to have a coherent arguement over what its comparing? or just argue against me because you are annoyed with me pimping the cubs farm system all the time?

Gooksta

Before there was Ruben Amaro Jr., teams called Ed Wade if they wanted to fleece a GM. May need to move the Analytics Plant ahead of Wade in my rankings.
wade didnt do a bad job.. his owner wouldnt allow him to do a good one.. right doh?

doh

how did wade Make Crappy trades?? he Got Springer and Singleton and others out of those deals.. are you gonna read the article and try to have a coherent arguement over what its comparing? or just argue against me because you are annoyed with me pimping the cubs farm system all the time?

This argument is actually getting funny.

Every single GM plays by the same rules/has the same budgets/there are no big market or small market teams.

Billy Beane is a shitty GM because he never won a ship

Last edited:

Gooksta

This is dumb. I don't care anymore. Every single GM plays by the same rules/has the same budgets/there are no big market or small market teams.

Billy Beane is a shitty GM because he never won a ship

This argument is actually getting funny.
lol, I still havent one clue what you are arguing

Last edited:

doh

Springer was drafted.
Gooksta doesn't know. He didn't play for the Iowa Cubs or Tennessee Smokies so he has zero knowledge on the subject.

lol, I still have clue what you are arguing
You need some reading help then. I've explained it five times that GMs don't all go into the same situations. The Astros rebuild is significantly harder than the Cubs for about 1000 reasons but you refuse to acknowledge this point so no point in arguing.

Gooksta

Gooksta doesn't know. He didn't play for the Iowa Cubs or Tennessee Smokies so he has zero knowledge on the subject.

You need some reading help then. I've explained it five times that GMs don't all go into the same situations. The Astros rebuild is significantly harder than the Cubs for about 1000 reasons but you refuse to acknowledge this point so no point in arguing.
it is harder, when the cubs use more available options to acquire talent and the astros dont.. thats the whole point of the article.

the astros cant sign "Mega free agent" Jason Hammell and Scott Feldman to deals to flip them into long term assets cuz their owner cant afford it

*astros sign feldman a year after the cubs traded him to a deal bigger than what the cubs signed him to

doh says,astros cant trade MLB ready players for prospects like the Cubs did, when thats what they actuallly did

Last edited:

Gooksta

link to where its comparing Luhlow to epstein? and noooo, Im pretty sure they play under the same rules.

BIG EVIL

America's Finest
Can we just calm down and think about what kind of dedication to suck it takes to give up 9 runs in one inning to the Padres?

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
You know they will go on some second half run, ruin their draft position and make the front office think they are set for next year if they add one free agent. It's the same cycle since 2008.

Gooksta

You know they will go on some second half run, ruin their draft position and make the front office think they are set for next year if they add one free agent. It's the same cycle since 2008.
no the wont.. team is horrible right now.. Cubs in full tank mode for the #1 pick :D

Packfan

Administrator
Administrator
Just here with more

gas-on-fire.jpg

Baez, Bryant and Soler end their initial game together 4-for-12 with 1 HR, 4 runs, 3 RBIs, 2 BBs, an SB and the hopes of Cubs fans soaring.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Lol cant tell if gook is just riling up doh or if he really doesnt understand owners have to okay personnel decisions. Good entertainment either way

Gooksta

Lol cant tell if gook is just riling up doh or if he really doesnt understand owners have to okay personnel decisions. Good entertainment either way
Houston has shown they arent very bright anyways.. plus. Just another factor as to why our rebuild is better. The article isn't about owners Alleged unwillingness to spend..

whiteyc_77

The Skeleton Debator
Mod Alumni
Houston has shown they arent very bright anyways.. plus. Just another factor as to why our rebuild is better. The article isn't about owners Alleged unwillingness to spend..

Shouldn't you actually win something before declaring that your rebuild is "better?"

-YTC