• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

Trade Wars Discussion

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
And if you need to get cash to sign a FA that means you are already operating over budget. So there's that too

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
So you don't need a renewable revenue source for a one year deal. I'm tom bout one year deals here, not some huge, multi-year deal. Cash from trades is a good way to help you earn a profit if you need it and increase your budget. Obviously you can't depend on it.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
So you don't need a renewable revenue source for a one year deal. I'm tom bout one year deals here, not some huge, multi-year deal. Cash from trades is a good way to help you earn a profit if you need it and increase your budget. Obviously you can't depend on it.

So if you are going $10M over to sign someone, even for a one year deal then you better win a lot. I am barely making money and I didn't go over. So yes, if you are already out of cash (meaning you are $10M over your budget or just have 0 cash) and then go $10M over that number you are effed even with the cash from another team, unless you sell out a 47k stadium the whole year.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
What I'm trying to get through to you is that it is very hard to make a $15-$20 million dollar profit unless you just tank the hell out of your team and subsidize/load up on rookie contracts (which this person wouldn't be doing since they'd exceed their budget). So they'd just get their budget docked a sizeable amount if it didn't work out big. Big like $20M in profits with a stacked payroll. So $170M-$180M in revenue.

doh

THANK YOU Dermott McHeshi
lol doh was apart of a S&T just last year. Figs signed Berrios and shipped him to doh probably 3 days later
Technically it wasn't because we didn't agree to the trade before he signed him. That trade could never happen in MLB though because you have to wait something like 60 or 90 days into the year before you can trade FAs.

I'm against S&Ts although the way our league is set up trades are very similar to the NBA because of the cap, ability to trade picks, salary dumps, etc. so I guess it makes sense.

One thing though is the way an NBA S&T works is nothing like the way ours works.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
So if you are going $10M over to sign someone, even for a one year deal then you better win a lot. I am barely making money and I didn't go over. So yes, if you are already out of cash (meaning you are $10M over your budget or just have 0 cash) and then go $10M over that number you are effed even with the cash from another team, unless you sell out a 47k stadium the whole year.
I mean it depends how much cash you get. Your budget is given to you based on your owners expected revenue and it's pretty much the break even point if you perform as expected. If you get cash to cover the salary, you will be fine barring a terrible season attendance-wise. You would have been fucked with a terrible season attendance-wise anyway though if you are that close to the budget (see my team last year).

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
What I'm trying to get through to you is that it is very hard to make a $15-$20 million dollar profit unless you just tank the hell out of your team and subsidize/load up on rookie contracts (which this person wouldn't be doing since they'd exceed their budget). So they'd just get their budget docked a sizeable amount if it didn't work out big. Big like $20M in profits with a stacked payroll. So $170M-$180M in revenue.
I think we are talking about different things. I am literally experiencing what you have been describing right now, so I know exactly what happens haha.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
I mean it depends how much cash you get. Your budget is given to you based on your owners expected revenue and it's pretty much the break even point if you perform as expected. If you get cash to cover the salary, you will be fine barring a terrible season attendance-wise. You would have been fucked with a terrible season attendance-wise anyway though if you are that close to the budget (see my team last year).

So imagine your team last year adding a guy to put you $20M over budget. Even $15M. Your team had a winning record. Unless you hit a very niche budget situation, this will just end badly.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
I think we are talking about different things. I am literally experiencing what you have been describing right now, so I know exactly what happens haha.

And you didn't even add the 1 year deal where you need money. It just won't work unless you have a ton of rookie contracts like yankee.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
I was fucked last year either way. It's like my owner dying scared people away. That is basically what happened with me and Key/Fahd. I took a pretty bad loss because I was over budget and had terrible attendance. I ended up with a giant hit on my budget. They weren't one year deals though.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
I was fucked last year either way. It's like my owner dying scared people away. That is basically what happened with me and Key/Fahd. I took a pretty bad loss because I was over budget and had terrible attendance. I ended up with a giant hit on my budget. They weren't one year deals though.

Even if they were one year deals, you'd have taken that hit. You would have just made more this year

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
That's a large part why I traded them away. It actually backfired because attendance took a hit right after, but I basically made them 1 year deals.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Bart Scott for the off-season tho. Here are a few names that will possibly be moved

Punchy Wong
Nico Hellman
Dinosaur Abdul Alim
Bill Harris
Gabby Vis
Ivan Ruiz
Ant Salazar

Getchur bids ready gents.

jdlikewhoa

Bart Scott for the off-season tho. Here are a few names that will possibly be moved

Punchy Wong
Nico Hellman
Dinosaur Abdul Alim
Bill Harris
Gabby Vis
Ivan Ruiz
Ant Salazar

Getchur bids ready gents.
Yawn. Call me when Moscow moves Padilla.

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
Damn, I should've proposed my idea of "Allow the cloning of one player" so I could get Trucker and Bernal at the same time with Brittain.

NML

Already thinking about next season, been too long since I made a deal.

Guys who could be on the move:
Jasper Louter, 1B
Aad Aalbers, LF/RF
Achaz Strauss, RF

Strauss is probably the best of the bunch, still on the minimum and just hit .282/.333/.504 with 25 bombs in a pitchers park. Of course, my draft picks are always available.

What I'm looking to get back:
Ace pitcher: Caine will be walking this summer so I need a new #1
Bullpen help: Need a new closer, as well as numerous MR guys
Big bat DH: Need a new big bat, prefer one that hits lefties and righties well
Outfielders: Need one or two mo to fill out my squad

doh

I tried to start a Hot Stove thread and get the trading started… that's fun :laughing:

doh

I tried to introduce Division Draft and it was shot down … who is anti-fun now?

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
Well that didn't sound fun :laughing:

I tried twice to get you to preview our series tonight but you just ignored me :( and you get all mad when I holla at your dohwer rankings.

doh

I think it'd be awesome…

MY thoughts on the series: You win 3 of 4. I win 2 of 3 from Moscow. You finish one out of Lamb and I tie with Seoul after they go 6-1 this week.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
I think it'd be awesome…

MY thoughts on the series: You win 3 of 4. I win 2 of 3 from Moscow. You finish one out of Lamb and I tie with Seoul after they go 6-1 this week.

They will lose to Istanbul?

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Actually, Fabian can go too. Might switch it up at closer and he will throw a fit if he isn't the man

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
Lots of catchers @OU11

Dzzet is interesting. That name too haha. Furzer too. Wish there was a 3B somewhere in there.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Teasin me with Juarez. You know I like dat powa.

So do I, why do you think I gave up two picks to take Haamid :laughing:

Also for those wondering what I need, Idk. The only real weakness on my squad is SS. Could package Durrach/prospect or pick to get a good one.