• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

OOTP 2025 - Colorado Rockies, WOOF

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
I probably won't even get through the first season, but this team looks like a tougher rebuild than if I took over the Little Rock Miners from @bruin @bruin228.

I have less than $12M total budget and less than $6M for contract extensions for actual good players, and then look at all this dead money on BUMS.

• Kris Bryant put up a compelling 0.0 WARS last season and is signed through 2028 for GOAT money
  • Kyle Freeland is on a long contract as my highest paid pitcher, has 35 stuff and his best pitch is actually a 30/30 changeup. His fastball is 20/20, lol.
  • Charlie Blackmon, he's a VERY POPULAR PRANKSTER just living out the rest of his dream, at least the contract ends
  • Ryan McMahon - One of the best players on the team is a serviceable starter and his contract ends when he's 32, so I don't hate this contract
  • Antonio Senzatela - Torn UCL and TJ surgery, 35 stuff
  • German Marquez - Torn UCL and TJ surgery
  • Daniel Bard - Paying too much for a 38 year old RP who has no control
  • Cal Quantrill - Has never missed a wordle. This is my best SP option, so I'm happy with this contract even though his wordle skills are the most compelling thing about him
  • Elias Diaz - Should probably be a backup catcher, but he's my starter so I'm fine with this contact but I'm not extending him
After that everyone else is on low/minimum salaries and I guess I can't complain even if they are BUMS. I'm assuming the AI is smarter than most Utopians, so I'm going to have a really hard time getting rid of Bryant and Freeland. I guess at least Bryant can play a position but Freeland is just taking up a roster spot at below replacement level... EVEN WITH MY REPLACEMENTS!

1711204343480.png

Last edited:

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
My current pitching staff looks really poor! My SPs all have 45 stuff or lower, so we're not going to be striking many people out. I haven't looked at my minor league pitchers much, but I'm hoping there's a couple of warm bodies that can be brought up. I'm going to play the first month of the season before moving anyone in the organization, but I think Freeland and Tanner Gordon probably both need to leave the staff, with their 35 stuff. I'm considering moving Anthony Molina to starter with a pitch count in place of Kyle Freeland, but I kinda want to see how bad Freeland is before I come to terms with the fact that he's my 2nd most expensive player!

1711207653877.png

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
My lineups look less terrible than my pitching staff! All of my starters can at least play their position, and I have a backup that can play each position as well. My weakest players are at CF, 2B, and C but all of them have good defensive ratings at least. Diaz is probably the weakest starter overall because he only has a 55 catcher rating overall with a weak bat. Ideally Diaz would be a backup catcher, Doyle would be a 4th outfielder/defensive sub, and Rodgers would be a utility infielder. Blackmon probably isn't the type of bat I'd want at DH, but he's a franchise GOAT in his last year and the young Hunter Goodman is there to serve as an understudy and then replace him in that role next year! For role players, Jacob Stallings is the backup catcher and will is very similar to Diaz, so he could be the starter depending on who gets hot. Sam Hilliard is the defensive 4th OF who can play all three positions, so I'm glad to have him on the roster but wish it was Brenton Doyle filling this role instead. Hunter Goodman is a cool young player because he's got a nice bat, and he can play emergency catcher, backup 1st base, and both corner outfield spots at backup level, his future is at DH but it's cool that he's versatile to play 4 different positions and it makes him a really valuable pinch hitter. I don't have a true utility infielder, Elehuris Montero has an average bat, but not good enough to DH and he can only play 3rd base at a backup level. I'll have to review my minor leagues for a better utility infield option. Fortunately Rodgers and Tovar can cover each other's position in case of injury, so ideally I can find a guy who can cover 2nd/3rd base but he doesn't need to be able to play shortstop.

1711209501971.png

1711208544055.png

goblue96

Disney and Curling Expert
Naked-Gun7.png