• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

Utopia Downtime January 20 2020

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations
We need to move hosts, and to do so we need to re-sync the database with the new webhost. During this time we can't allow new posts to be made or attachments uploaded, so the site will be inaccessible for a while tonight, probably between 11pm and 12am Eastern.

th

digs

sun of nothing
if you posted in the last 10 mins or so, sorry for your loss (imported the older test db so had to roll back). Looking around now to make sure nothings broken (shouldn't be anything still broken but might wanna give it 15 mins before posting anything long\thoughtful incase i munged something else)

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
I logged into a site called nu.nutopia this morning on my mobile. What the fuck was that about?

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
if you posted in the last 10 mins or so, sorry for your loss (imported the older test db so had to roll back). Looking around now to make sure nothings broken (shouldn't be anything still broken but might wanna give it 15 mins before posting anything long\thoughtful incase i munged something else)

This went amazingly smoothly, though. Thanks for ur help @digs. And by help I mean doing it all.

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
Also, if things are wonky, try the usual stuff: browser cache clear, dns flush, 9mm cafe

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
Basically moves us to a more stable host at a more reasonable price.

There might still be some hiccups. DNS is still playing catchup.

digs

sun of nothing
I logged into a site called nu.nutopia this morning on my mobile. What the fuck was that about?
can ignore that and it'll go back to normal shortly if it hasn't already, we just threw up a redirect so people wouldn't be posting across different hosts (thus losing posts) while waiting for dns to shake out

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
Yeah that was just temporary. DNS has finally caught up unless you are in Central Europe, for some reason. Switzerland still hasn't caught up.