• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2017 Bold Predictions Thread

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
We're about a month out and I'm bored at work, so post ur bold predictions here.

Conference Predictions:

This is going into bowl season. I was going to do every P5 team, but I got tired of it after a conference and a half, so...

ACC: Florida State (11-2, 8-1)
B1G: Ohio State (13-0, 10-0)
Big 12: Oklahoma (10-3, 8-2)
Pac-12: Stanford (12-1, 9-1)
SEC: Alabama (12-1, 8-1)

CFP and NY6 Games:

#1 Ohio State vs. #4 Florida State
#2 Alabama vs. #3 Stanford

Final: Ohio State vs. Stanford (Shamp Ohio State)

Peach: Auburn vs. USF
Fiesta: Washington vs. Oklahoma
Orange: Clemson vs. Wisconsin
Cotton: Penn State vs. Oklahoma State

Heisman Winner:

Mason Rudolph

Tidbits:

1. Oklahoma State goes 11-1 and has a good shot at making the CFP before losing in a rematch with OU in the contrived conference championship. Good job, Big 12!
2. NC State wins 9 games (10 with a bowl) thanks to a top 25 defense, a top 40 offense, and an upset win over Louisville.
3. Falk tops 5,000 yards this year and Wazzu upsets SC.
4. Auburn leads the West and is undefeated going into the Iron Bowl but loses to Bama to blow the division and a CFP spot.
5. Syracuse upsets one of LSU, Clemson, or FSU.
6. Illinois goes 1-11 (I'm changing this to 0-12 if they lose to Ball State week 1). One of the dumber schedules for a low level P5 I've ever seen.
7. CORCH O goes 8-4 this year and is immediately on the hot seat.
8. Vandy makes a bowl.
9. Corches gone at the end of the year: DICKROD, Mora, Sumlin, Kingsbury (I hope not, but probably)
10. K-State upsets OU.

Last edited:

whiteyc_77

The Skeleton Debator
Mod Alumni
My bold prediction is that Michigan pulls the 3-peat of 3rd place B1G East division finishes.

-YTC

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
Here we go:

• Akrum Wadley gets fewer touches than last year despite being the second best back in the Big 10. FERENTZ!
  • Butch Jones is fired and Brady Hoke takes over as interim during the season.
  • James Franklin makes a time management boner that costs Penn State a game and a shot at the Big 10 title.
  • Saban's platform shoes give out on him and he breaks both ankles.
  • USC turns out to be the most overrated team.

I'll have more later.

goblue96

Disney and Curling Expert
Here we go:

• Akrum Wadley gets fewer touches than last year despite being the second best back in the Big 10. FERENTZ!
  • James Franklin makes a time management boner that costs Penn State a game and a shot at the Big 10 title.

I'll have more later.

Can we ask in advance for Franklin's "time management boner" happen against Michigan?

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
Can we ask in advance for Franklin's "time management boner" happen against Michigan?

Something something Penn State Michigan something something extra second

Here we go:

I'll have more later.

Hmmm... let me help you out here: http://www.dictionary.com/browse/bold

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
Something something Penn State Michigan something something extra second

lloyd+carr.jpg

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
I actually like those chances a lot. Geaux, Klimps, and FREE SHOES all usually lose one idiotic game or more a year, and Cuse can definitely be that idiot team

Renegade

Charge on!
  1. Temple misses a bowl game
  2. USF drops at least 3 conference games
  3. UCF wins double digits and the AAC East
  4. AAC champion gets into the Access Bowl with more losses than another G5 champ
  5. Shaquem Griffin is a finalist for the Butkus Award but loses to a less deserving P5 player
  6. Florida drops the UGA, Tennessee, and LSU games, does not win the East
  7. LSU wins the West with an upset win over Alabama
  8. Utah wins the PAC-12 South, drops the champ game to Washington
  9. Washington vs Oregon decides the PAC-12 North with UW winning, but Oregon rebounds to a 10 win squad thanks to Leavitt's defense
  10. Mike Leach is on the hot seat as Wazzu misses a bowl because Leach is too distracted trying to sue Texas Tech
  11. Oregon State rebounds into an 8 win team
  12. Michigan beats Ohio State and Penn State, wins the B1G
  13. Minnesota surprises with an upset win over Wisconsin but can't quite win the B1G West
  14. Playoffs: LSU, FSU, Washington, Michigan
  15. App State's year in the Sun Belt...win the conference easily
  16. Bert finishes 3rd in the West, manages to keep his job
  17. Lincoln Riley does a so-so job and does not get hired permanently at OU
  18. FSU beats Miami twice including the ACC-CG
  19. Major Applewhite leads Houston to a mediocre year, <8 wins and sees them finish 4th in the West behind SMU, Tulsa, and Navy
  20. Every AAC West team is bowl eligible including Tulane, while the AAC East has only UCF, USF, and Cincinnati bowling

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
Ah, another one of the Oregon State believers. They will be terrible as usual and Falk will own them for the 4th straight year. BOLD

R2D2

1. Navy drops their first game @FAU as Lane Kiffin dominates them 42-10. After that loss, they don't lose again for the rest of the season, winning the AAC, but finishing #5 in the polls.
2. Louisville QB Lamar Jackson has an awful third season, and Louisville finishes with 7 wins.
3. Baylor loses every single game by 40+ points, because fuck Baylor.
4. Indiana has a huge year, finishing second place in the B10 East behind Ohio State at 10-2.
5. Lane Kiffin and his Florida Atlantic squad finish 9-3, win the C-USA, and Kiffin bolts for Arizona.
6. Notre Dame struggles to win two games, and Brian Kelly is fired. His replacement? Joe Moorhead, Penn State OC.
7. No one from the MAC wins more than 8 games.
8. Wyoming doesn't lose a game, finishes #6 in the polls.
9. Washington State is the Pac-12 champion after an 12-1 campaign, finish #3 in the polls.
10. John Franklin III of Auburn is the Heisman winner, and Auburn wins the SEC. Gets the #2 spot.
11. Troy is the Sun Belt champion, and the upset LSU in Death Valley.

CFP
#1 Ohio State vs #4 Oklahoma State
#2 Auburn vs #3 Washington State

Shamp
#1 Ohio State vs #3 Washington State

12. Urban Meyer is amazed at Leach's offense, as the Cougars win the natty 48-24.

MtneerManiac

Burning Couches
I predict that we won't have a cocky little mama's boy twat at QB who should be playing for an NAIA team.

Already a big improvement over 2016!

goblue96

Disney and Curling Expert
1. Navy drops their first game @FAU as Lane Kiffin dominates them 42-10. After that loss, they don't lose again for the rest of the season, winning the AAC, but finishing #5 in the polls.
2. Louisville QB Lamar Jackson has an awful third season, and Louisville finishes with 7 wins.
3. Baylor loses every single game by 40+ points, because fuck Baylor.
4. Indiana has a huge year, finishing second place in the B10 East behind Ohio State at 10-2.
5. Lane Kiffin and his Florida Atlantic squad finish 9-3, win the C-USA, and Kiffin bolts for Arizona.
6. Notre Dame struggles to win two games, and Brian Kelly is fired. His replacement? Joe Moorhead, Penn State OC.
7. No one from the MAC wins more than 8 games.
8. Wyoming doesn't lose a game, finishes #6 in the polls.
9. Washington State is the Pac-12 champion after an 12-1 campaign, finish #3 in the polls.
10. John Franklin III of Auburn is the Heisman winner, and Auburn wins the SEC. Gets the #2 spot.
11. Troy is the Sun Belt champion, and the upset LSU in Death Valley.

CFP
#1 Ohio State vs #4 Oklahoma State
#2 Auburn vs #3 Washington State

Shamp
#1 Ohio State vs #3 Washington State

12. Urban Meyer is amazed at Leach's offense, as the Cougars win the natty 48-24.

mike-leach-cowboy-hat-o.gif

Craig7835

Here are mine

1.)I think Slick Willie Taggert & the Oregon Ducks will finish 11-2 or 10-3 in his 1st year. The Gulf Coast Offense will lead the Pac-12 in every offensive category, but I think the Ducks defense will be Top 10 in Year 2

2.) Michigan will do their usual M.O: kick everybody's ass in the regular season but when it comes to big time bowl games, they'll piss in plate. See the bowl game against Florida State

3.) Florida State will have an off year of sorts. They'll be humbled by Alabama in the opener, but October has never been a good month for them

4.) Lamar Jackson will once again be the most sacked QB in the ACC like he was last year & his game will take a step back

5.) Florida Gators will have a 3,000 yard passing QB

6.)Oklahoma will SOMEHOW sneak their asses in the BCS playoff picture like they did in 2015 at the last minute

7.)Brian Kelly & Butch Jones will be out of a job by the end of the season

8.)Jim Mora will change offensive coordinators in mid season

9.)We gonna have several FCS upsets in the season openers

Craig7835

Not really, cause that means they suck, but he didn't fire Polamalu mid season, so I doubt he's firing JEDD

I saw that Ken left for the running backs coach position with the Vikings. How in the does Jedd Fisch keep getting all of these jobs?